Monday, February 4, 2013

Antique Baby Restoration Project

Antique Baby Doll Restoration Project for my friend's mom. This doll was her favorite doll from the 1950's. As you can see in the "before" pic, the plastic was badly stained, faded and scratched with age. She had lost all her hair too. The doll also had a bacteria growing in the plastic which many dolls from this time period have, and I had to clean, and deodorize the plastic. I painted the whole entire body, and sealed the paint. Her joints were sueded so the plastic on plastic doesn't scratch the paint. She had a brand new mohair wig created for ...her. I also made her dress from an upcycled baby dress that belonged to my daughter. (This is why I save things. You never know when you might need it.) This project took forever, and my client was the most patient client ever while I did my research, and revamped her doll. I thought at one point that I had indeed found out what doll this was originally by some detective work and the markings on her head, however her owner couldn't confirm this, SO we went for how she remembered her doll to look.See More

No comments:

Post a Comment