Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Warrior Wig

Commissioned wig for a new kindred spirit/friend's Post Apocalyptic Warrior. The "hair" was spun and dyed by my good friend, Abella, of JAHstemer. She never ceases to amaze me. If I tell her what I want, she always captures it perfectly and even better than I imagined. This fiber selection was almost "too perfect" if that's possible ---for someone who survived nuclear explosions and battled androids, so I had to "mess it up" a bit. Could have safely ran over the thing with my car a few times, and through it in the fireplace and it would have looked "on target," but we weren't going for "filth." So, I unspun the fibers and back combed the "hair" and achieved the look I was going for. Added some leather cord in different thicknesses, and some bits of metal. Dying to see how it looks on her doll once he's totally in costume. Maybe I'll even post the finished look here.


Without further ado...The Post Apocalyptic Warrior...

















1 comment:

  1. Hi, this blog is really instructive. I would like to know more about this.



    http://luscioushair.net//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=92

    ReplyDelete